Let’s go ahead and open up one of the most heated debates in sex toy conversations today: which is better in terms of anal stimulation, anal beads or butt plugs? We are of the opinion that this is really comparing apples and oranges. Anal beads and butt plugs are both fantastic in terms of anal pleasure, but provide very different experiences. Read on to learn more about both of this awesome types of toys.
Comparison of the Best Anal Beads and Butt Plugs
|View Latest Price →|
|View Latest Price →|
|View Latest Price →|
|View Latest Price →|
|View Latest Price →|
Anal Beads vs. Butt Plugs – Similarities & Differences
Now that you have a little bit more background knowledge and are familiar with the different types of available beads and plugs, we are going to get into the heart of the issue: what are the real similarities and differences between the two??
Anal Beads vs. Butt Plugs Differences
- Motion while in use: a fundamental difference between anal beads and butt plugs is that one is designed to be inserted and removed repeatedly, while one is designed to stay in place. Any anal bead user will report that the best sensation when using the beads is pulling them out during orgasm, while butt plugs provide more of a steady pressure that enhances other sexual experiences.
- Intended length of use: anal beads are definitely an in-the-moment kind of toy, and are not intended to be used outside of the bedroom. Butt plugs, because they are not intended for a wide range of motion, can stay inside for extended periods of time and can even be worn during the day during nonsexual activities. Anal beads would likely fall out or become uncomfortable if they were worn for hours at a stretch, but butt plugs are comfortable and pleasurable.
- Versatility: anal beads do have the option of being used for both anal and vaginal penetration. By virtue of their movement ability, they can also be manipulated and used in a variety of different positions and at different moments during intercourse. They can be inserted slowly, one bead at a time, or all at once for a rush of pleasure. Butt plugs are much more static in nature. They are not intended to provide any sort of pleasurable vaginal stimulation and are not nearly as versatile. Although they too can be inserted slowly, the bumps and ridges of the beads make for a very different experience during slow insertion of beads vs. plugs.
Anal Beads vs. Butt Plugs Similarities
- Intensified sexual pleasure: both anal beads and butt plugs are designed to heighten the sensations of other kinds of sexual pleasure. Receiving oral sex is more pleasurable when you have either beads or a plug inside you, and for heterosexual partners, anal beads and butt plugs are both ideal for pursuing the experience of double penetration and the pleasure that results. Additionally, anal beads and butt plugs provide intense stimulation and pleasure even if anal penetration is the only sexual activity you are engaged in.
- Require careful use: one of the most important aspects of both anal beads and butt plugs that users absolutely need to understand is that inserting objects into the anus is a more complicated proposition than vaginal penetration. There are hygiene and safety concerns with any toy that enters your anal cavity. Whether you are interested in anal beads or butt plugs, it is important to do your due diligence on your research and ensure that you are finding a toy that is made of high quality material and is the right size and shape for your pleasure needs.
- Good for both solo and partner play: both anal beads and butt plugs do have some level of versatility in the sense that they can be pleasurable both when used with a partner or when used alone. Along the same lines, anal beads and butt plugs are also awesome for both male and female participants. The level of stimulation and excitement these unique toys provide is noticeable both when masturbating or when touching your partner, and stimulates both the P-spot and the G-spot.
What Are Anal Beads?
Anal beads are a string of small, round globes that are connected to each other by nylon or silicone. The globes can be all the same size, but more often, they increase in size as you go down the string. Anal beads are designed for gradual insertion, often for people who are new to any sort of anal play at all.
However, this does not mean they are just for beginners – the main feature of anal beads is that they are intended to be inserted, removed, then inserted again, then removed again. The constant insertion and removal provides a unique stimulation of the anal sphincter that can enhance all kinds of sexual pleasure.
Review of the Best Anal Beads
Now that you have a bit more of an idea of what anal beads are and what they are designed to do for your pleasure, you may want to know more about the different types of anal beads available. There are a wide range of different kinds of anal beads, each designed to provoke a different kind of pleasure. Read on to learn more about the best options on the market today.
1. Fifty Shades of Grey Pleasure Intensified Anal Beads
The Fifty Shades of Grey Pleasure Intensified Silicone Anal Beads are a branded set of anal beads designed and approved for the Fifty Shades of Grey sex toy line by Lovehoney. The beads start out quite small, about one inch of circumference, and work their way up to a three-inch circumference bead at the end of the silicone string. The beads also come with a flexible retrieval loop that works well for removal in any position.
Users report that the beads’ sexy smoky color and smooth silicone provide an enhanced aesthetic, while the beads’ oval shape (as opposed to a more traditional round shape) and size make them easy for insertion and beginner use.
The only issue users reported was with the seam on the side of the beads, which was more prominent than in other models and can provide some irritation. Additionally, the branded Fifty Shades of Grey logo on the largest bead was difficult for some users to clean.
2. Adam & Eve Booty Bliss Vibrating Beads
The Adam & Eve Booty Bliss Silicone Vibrating Beads are six inches of anal beads, with a fun twist: they vibrate! The included (and removable) bullet vibe that comes with these beads boasts seven different vibration/pulsation patterns.
Users report that this toy is an excellent choice for beginners who may still feel a little hesitant about anal insertion, but want to step it up a notch from beads designed for first-time users. The silicone material is some of the softest you can find out there today, making insertion and removal a truly pleasurable experience.
This toy is great for use by both male and female users; some male users even report accomplishing the elusive P-spot orgasm with this toy. The only drawback is, to really feel the vibrations, users say you need to fully insert all of the beads.
3. Fun Factory Bendy Beads Anal Beads
The 7 Inch Fun Factory Bendy Beads Silicone Anal Beads are a great set of beads for those looking for a firmer, more intense sensation. These beads are not strung together on a string but rather molded together in one continuous silicone toy.
The overall aesthetic is extremely pleasing, with lots of loops and swirls to create a quite beautiful object. The silicone is high-quality and still soft enough to feel comfortable when inserting. Because of the firmness of the toy, it can double as a dildo for vaginal stimulation, and users say it feels fantastic on the G-spot.
The only issue users report is that, when inserting the beads anally, it can be a little difficult to get going because of the small size of the beads at the very tip of the toy. It also does not come with its own storage bag, so you will have to figure out your own storage options.
What is a Butt Plug?
Butt plugs are a little more self-explanatory than anal beads: they are a plug-shaped object that users insert into their anal cavity. Butt plugs are great at stimulating the myriad nerve endings inside the anus and rectum, and they are also useful for warming up the area for penetrative anal sex.
Most plugs have a narrow tip and a wider base, usually with some sort of pull cord or flared end to prevent the toy from getting stuck inside users and creating a potentially embarrassing situation. Butt plugs can vary in shape, however, with some specifically designed to elicit certain types of anal pleasure.
There are a large quantity of butt plugs on the market that are intended to be used by men for prostate stimulation and P-spot orgasms, but butt plugs can provide intense pleasure for users of all genders and inclinations.
Best Butt Plugs
With butt plugs, it is particularly important to be discerning and choose the one that is really best for you, as the wrong size can feel extremely overwhelming. Read on for an overview of the butt plugs available on the market today and how to choose the one that is best for you and your pleasure needs.
1. Lovehoney Classic Medium Plug
The Lovehoney Classic Silicone Medium Plug is a great plug to start out with experimenting with anal play. As the name states, it is a classic plug, with a tapered tip, wider base, and flared outer area to prevent full insertion. It is great for stimulation with both male and female users and for use with double penetration. The size is such that it will not completely overwhelm beginners, but still provide some serious stimulation for those that are a bit more experienced with butt plug use.
Users report that this toy is particularly great for use when warming up for plugs and toys of larger sizes, or for penetrative anal sex. Some users say the plug is uncomfortable when first inserted, but that discomfort quickly goes away. The only other negative feedback the plug received was that it is not particularly inspiring or sexy in appearance: it is a basic plug that gets the job done and provides a good time.
2. Lovehoney Butt Tingler Butt Plug
The 3.5 Inch Lovehoney Butt Tingler 10 Function Vibrating Butt Plug is a great twist on the Lovehoney Classic Silicone Medium Plug. It provides all the anal stimulation of the Classic, with a fun perk: it can vibrate!
The Butt Tingler has a button attached to the flared base that allows users to cycle through its ten different vibration patterns and pulses. Because it is the same concept as the Classic, its size is not too overwhelming for beginning users, but the vibrations are able to step up the stimulation for users who may be seeking a little bit more.
It comes in a sexy purple color and the vibrations are so quiet, you will not have to worry about your roommates overhearing what you’re up to. Users report the only issue with this plug is that it can appear intimidating on first glance.
3. LuxGem Jewelled Beginner’s Metal Butt Plug
The 2.5 Inch LuxGem Jewelled Beginner’s Metal Butt Plug is a way for more experienced butt plug users to step up their anal stimulation game. But do not think this plug is inaccessible for beginners – the small size means those unfamiliar with anal penetration could definitely still use it.
One thing to consider with metal toys, though, is that they have dramatically less give than silicone toys. This particular metal toy is still easy to insert and comfortable to be left inside for long periods of time.
The toy is great for use with double penetration and other types of vaginal stimulation. The metal material provides a heavy weight and pleasant cooling sensation. Users report that the beautiful, sparkly crystal base makes them feel especially sexy.
The only drawback to that base is that it can feel uncomfortable when users sit down for lengthy amounts of time while the plug is in.
Top Pick Between Anal Beads vs. Butt Plugs
So, you’re probably wondering…which one is ultimately better? The best answer is that it truly does depend on what you are trying to get out of your anal stimulation experience. Are you looking for a toy that you can wear all day, and no one but you and your partner know you are getting a little naughty? You will probably want to try a butt plug.
Are you looking for a toy that will take your orgasms to the next level and provide a pivotal moment of release? You will be more interested in anal beads. Make sure you are weighing all of the pros and cons for what you want out of your sexual experience, and you will make the decision that is most right for you.
Whether you are more drawn to anal beads or butt plugs, it is important to make sure you do your research in advance so you are not frustrated at spending money on a toy that does not make sense for you. Keeping safety and pleasure in mind is the best way to achieve a pinnacle experience with anal stimulation.